[OM] Re: 4:3 ratio

Subject: [OM] Re: 4:3 ratio
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:23:09 +1000
> Winsor Crosby wrote:
> ...That said, a good photographer should be able to make
> the most of any format.

...but I'm not a good photographer! :-)

> The really good ones will crop to 2 by 3.  :-)

I tend to like 3:2 over 4:3 anyway (the latter feels like it's
cramping my style ;-) ). I happily admit that this is an
anchovies thing.

> I find I quite like square format though. ...

To openly contradict myself (if one takes the "cramping" bit
this way), I really like the square format, probably most of all.
I'd love to have a square format digi. I know, I can crop, but
I mean a "native square format" (for want of a better term).
It also has to *not* cost more than a small-medium new car :-) ).

Oly' content: I got an early birthday present of a 770SW
yesterday. It's a nice, solid, little chunk of metal in the
hand, that's for sure.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz (where "waterproof" is appropriate at the moment)