[OM] Re: 410 review at dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: 410 review at dpreview
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:03:44 +1000
I didn't notice any particular blowing of highlights, no more than
expected - the dynamic range was shortish but then i've used a Fuji
S5 lately some I'm spoiled! Nothing I couldn't fix anyhow. However it
is now winter here so the sun wasn't bright outdoors. January might
be a different story. I got less blown hi than I expected on direct
flash portraits although the flash, as I said, is not strong.

No, I left it on default settings - it's an entry level so I like to
see how it performs for a clueless newbie - and I don't have one for
two months to play with like Askey and find the best combo (and I
have a day job too!). I did feel that it was a bit oversharpened but
that an average user wouldn't mind that  - it's a typical Oly thing
anyway - but it wasn't oversaturated as some Oly's I've used have
been on default. Quite mellow in fact. Again, that may be because the
sun was weaker and kinder than usual.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx