[OM] Re: 410 review at dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: 410 review at dpreview
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:14:29 +1000
G'day Khen,

> Oh yes, Camera Exchange, that dinky shop right next to
> Wilson's parking building. Not sure if it's still there now
> but I do remember always having a peek there to see what they
> have. But when it comes to preowned gear, Michael's is pretty
> much a very good place to start and if you're nice enough to
> the owners - the Michael family - they'll take you up to the
> third floor where they have an ENORMOUS library of
> collectible cameras that few of us could even see anywhere
> else in the world.

Things have changed a bit recently, Camera Exchange has moved 50m up
Lonsdale St. towards Michael's.  Michael's "museum" is now open to anybody
who wants to go and have a look - well worth a visit.  I can guess how the
cameras for the museum were acquired.  Michael's has always been a bit of a
rip-off for used gear, pay you almost nothing for a trade-in, then resell at
50% higher than any other shop in the area.

...Wayne