[OM] Re: Other Forums inc. Oly (410-510 Content)

Subject: [OM] Re: Other Forums inc. Oly (410-510 Content)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:07:37 +1000
> Chris Barker wrote:
> Thanks for that Bob.  I wonder at some people's rudeness sometimes.
>
> But, in a rubbernecking sort of way, it makes me want to go
> there are "listen" for a while ...

Unless you want a lesson in frustrated disbelief, I would not
suggest it as a leisure pursuit. :-) The temptation to bring an
element of rationality and diplomacy to a particularly misguided
and inflamed conversation may have you recall that quote:

 Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level
 and then beat you with experience.

I've been looking at bass and accoustic guitars, and the number
of "reviews" for a particular "beginner's" bass that commented
that it was crap because it couldn't be relied on at
a gig was fairly disheartening (though, you can usually find
someone reasonable who reviews stuff for its market and purpose).

Anyway, to get where I was going, you all might like this
particular link:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

It has both caricatures and descriptions of "Flame Warriors" -
the different folk that seem to inhabit the fora/forums ("fora/
forums" makes me fear the "Nitpick" in me). See if you can
identify yourself, hey? ;-)

Cheers,
Marc (who, elsewhere, is a 'Nanny' with an 'Admin' streak)
Sydney, Oz