[OM] Re: [OT] Aged computer (and computer user) stuff, was: Anybody usin

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Aged computer (and computer user) stuff, was: Anybody using Olympus Viewer or Studio with Vista?
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:37:51 -0400

Considerable experience here with this and all the studies of the time.  The
magic response time was 2 seconds, as I recall.  In fact, if you
consistently provided sub-2 second response time, you set an artificial
expectation that couldn't be consistently met and then you had the same
productivity problems if it went above that new threshold, even if it was
under 1/2 second.  Most of the online tools at the time (TSO, CICS, etc.)
had the ability to force a minimum response time (almost universally set at
2 seconds) so you didn't train the user's expectations incorrectly.