[OM] Re: Portra 160VC for Flowers

Subject: [OM] Re: Portra 160VC for Flowers
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 08:51:25 -0400
Like the site. Very interesting to see what can be done with Portra,
particularly as I just bought a bag of 400NC for my Egypt.  Using a
strange film for the first time on such a trip is probably not the
wisest thing to do. Oh well. Agonized a bit over NC or VC, as well as
160 or 400. If it's very bright, the ND filters will be getting a
workout. Everything I have read indicates that there's not a lot of
difference between NC and VC (and nothing that can't be adjusted after
the fact) and that the box ISO speed is pretty much correct.  Is that
your experience?

Martin