[OM] Re: Portra 160VC for Flowers

Subject: [OM] Re: Portra 160VC for Flowers
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:11 -0700 (PDT)
iwert wrote:
> wonderfull images. You've really warmed me up to shooting film
> again.

Thank you.  I'd like to influence the photographic community into
embracing the DDC (Delayed Digital Capture) technology as a viable
alternative to buying another "today's shiny" Wonderbrick.  The cost
of a high-quality scanner is about $500 USD and you can't even come
close to buying a decent DSLR for that.

> This is what I missed from digital. Problem is the time to scan
> though :(, and to find a good scanner.

Without hesitation I can recommend the Nikon Coolscan V-ED. The
primary reason for that recommendation is the OUTSTANDING scanning
software that streamlines the scanning process.  With a little
calibration to your own workflow, you can set the scanner up to
automatically scan your strips of negatives like a minilab prints
them--no touch.  It's only when you are trying to achieve maximum
quality do you ever really need to go into manual override mode.

> (even time for photography is a problem lately... I am having a
> severe photodip lately)

Can't help you there.  About the only shooting I'm doing lately is
"for profit".  I sneak a few minutes whenever I can--including lunch
breaks.

> keep posting,

Will do.

AG

 the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news,
photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC