[OM] Re: Portra 160VC for Flowers

Subject: [OM] Re: Portra 160VC for Flowers
From: "iwert bernakiewicz" <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:04:27 +0200
> Without hesitation I can recommend the Nikon Coolscan V-ED. The
> primary reason for that recommendation is the OUTSTANDING scanning
> software that streamlines the scanning process.  With a little
> calibration to your own workflow, you can set the scanner up to
> automatically scan your strips of negatives like a minilab prints
> them--no touch.  It's only when you are trying to achieve maximum
> quality do you ever really need to go into manual override mode.

Ken,

with the V-ED, do you use a mac or PC? I read the nikon software is
rather unstable on intel macs... I could always try to connect through
my parallels pc though.

There is a bundle over here including the silverfast software I rather
like, and which is compatible with intel macs.

Thanks for your inspiration,

Iwert.