[OM] Re: Speeling Misteaks, was A real camera review

Subject: [OM] Re: Speeling Misteaks, was A real camera review
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 12:41:24 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:
> However, a blog is a piece of published material, presumably
> carefully considered and checked.
It's still just one guy writing, with no editor or support staff. His
writing is so generally decent, clear and straightforward, from a
grammer and usage standpoint, that I give him the occasional fluff. So
many blogs are essentially unreadable.
> As such it is subject, in my little head to extra scrutiny;
Oh, dear, shouldn't there be a comma after the word 'head'? I would have
used one.
> mine was an observation and a little
> dig, but it was also intended to point out to anyone else who read it
> that there was a mistake: "forego" means to go before; "forgo" means
> to go without.  Some of our number might not have realised that there
> is a difference.

I don't believe I've ever used forego, a 'murkin deficiency, no doubt.
> And I rather fancy a "misteak" as it sounds rather tasty ... :-)
I seldom eat large bits of beef, but had a really lovely small fillet
last week. Good food is part of a good vacation, and we found a lovely
place to stay with a really excellent restaurant across the street. We
debated about what else to try the day after eating there and decided
there wasn't any point in taking a chance elsewhere.
> But your response was as polite as a polite person on polite day feeling more
> than normally polite: you know I make mistakes, and not only of spelling.

Oh dear.

Moose