[OM] Speeling Misteaks, was A real camera review

Subject: [OM] Speeling Misteaks, was A real camera review
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:18:45 +0100
I agree with you, Moose, about spelling mistakes by you, Ken or me.
But I take emails and posts to this sort of list as colloquial in
style and content (I know, sometimes it is too much so).  Some on
this List no doubt suffer from mild dyslexia which provides further
excuse.  Your parody of a quote illustrates it elegantly: he did not
say it, he wrote it.

However, a blog is a piece of published material, presumably
carefully considered and checked.  As such it is subject, in my
little head to extra scrutiny; mine was an observation and a little
dig, but it was also intended to point out to anyone else who read it
that there was a mistake: "forego" means to go before; "forgo" means
to go without.  Some of our number might not have realised that there
is a difference.

And I rather fancy a "misteak" as it sounds rather tasty ... :-)  But
your response was as polite as a polite person on polite day feeling
more than normally polite: you know I make mistakes, and not only of
spelling.

Chris