[OM] Re: What's a P1?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's a P1?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:38:13 -0500
>   Another good example where
> stabilization rules the day is in airplane photography.  It isn't
> healthy to see a P51 hanging in the air with the props motionless.
>
> SHE'S GOING DOWN!!!!

I've shot quite a few shots at airshows, and since I shoot mainly prop
planes, I never use more that 125th tops. There is an obvious situation
where IS/VR is highly useful. That combined with a monopod kills!

> BTW, my feeble attempt at motorsports photography as shown this week
> was my first-ever track-level, media-access photography event.  Maybe
> next time all of the images will be better.  Might have to get that
> 350/2.8, though.
Of all the things that you can do, getting the 350 is hands down the most
important. Imagine panning using that lens.

Bill Pearce