[OM] Re: Revenge

Subject: [OM] Re: Revenge
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 00:01:23 +0100
* On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 08:38:37AM +1000, Andrew Fildes said:

> Always amazes me how freely the title 'professor' gets bestowed in
> the US. In much of the proper-english speaking world :) it's a

I've noticed this too ..

It's a strange thing, and I've had this discussion with many people around
the world.  It seem the UK standard may be the odd one out,  but I quite
like it. But I'm just odd like that.

> lecture tour. He is a physician, a real doctor and a Professor of
> Psychiatry and Pharmacology. I advised him to call himself
> 'Professor' X during his visit as that would get him a hell of a lot
> more respect from hotel staff and audiences that a mere doctor of
> either type.

*grin*  Odd that the "real" doctors don't tend to have doctorates. ;)

p.

--
this signature was brought to you by the letter E and the number 29
htag 0.0.23: [       "Bring me the horizon." -- Capt. Jack Sparrow]