[OM] Re: RAW Bit Depth

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW Bit Depth
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 21:21:27 +0000
I admit pretty much the same.  I shoot raw, almost always leave WB at daylight
or flash (whichever I was shooting) and process the images into JPEG pretty
much "as shot" except for a fair amount of exposure adjustments on flash shots.
 I make a lot of 1-2 stop errors when shooting manual flash on the fly.  I tend
to forget whether I'm shooting into or with the room lights which calls for
different exposures depending on which way you're aiming the camera.

I have no clue about how much of the stuff on the camera works.  Right now I'm
at my son's house for the Easter weekend and forgot to bring a book to read.
But I do have my 5D manual which is now getting slowly read cover to cover for
the first time.  I'm also shooting everything at ISO 1600 or (mostly) 3200 this
weekend just to see how it comes out.   Probably haven't ever done more than
1/2 dozen shots at those ISO level since I got the camera.  One of these days I
might even try multiple focus points or predictive autofocus tracking.  Woo hoo!

Chuck Norcutt