[OM] Re: RAW Bit Depth

Subject: [OM] Re: RAW Bit Depth
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 15:22:27 -0700
I have pretty much, up to now, used auto WB for all outdoor stuff
figuring it is close enough so that the histogram and highlight
overexposure displays on the LCD are reasonably correct. They are
based on an analysis of the displayed jpeg with the camera's
settings. It does result in looking at each image though for fine
adjustment in post processing.

I am considering of taking up the practice of setting an arbitrary
white balance, hopefully close for metering purposes, for each
shooting session which allows correcting WB correction of on one
image in the session and then applying it to the other images in Bridge.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA