[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:13:20 +0930
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 05:18:00PM +1000, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> It is lower polluting but has a lower energy yield than petrol and
> the compromise tune for dual fuel is never entirely satisfactory. But
> it halved my fuel bill overnight. Taxis and fleet vehicles designed
> exclusively for it run very well.
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The engine management system needs an LPG/Petrol signal input to change
the control maps, but we're a very small market, so it's always a
compromise rather than a solution.

Dad drove a cab in the late 70's/early 80's & LPG was the thing, but
doing it with a carburettor involved is just nasty...  (can you say
'p*ss*ng in the wind'?) I learned a lot about cars around that time.
helping him keep it on the road.

:)

davidt