[OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels

Subject: [OM] Re: [ot] alternative fuels
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 21:38:16 -0700 (PDT)
> In fact, David Pimentel (Cornel University) claims that
> commercially
> made ethanol from corn actually consumes more energy in its
> manufacture and distribution than it contains!

I believe that that particular study has been debunked. One thing to
remember is the bywaste from ethanol production is highly useful as
feed.  Also, there are now ethanol plants coming on line or being
converted to process more of the biomass of the entire corn plant.

There are ways to make the ethanol numbers work either way.  It all
depends on how you wish to interpret certain numbers.  Regardless,
we're a little weak on OM content here.

AG

It's here! Your new message!