[OM] Re: OT: a few Mac questions

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: a few Mac questions
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:02:23 -0600
Doug Smith wrote:
> Windows relies a lot on rebooting and reinstalling. Prior
> to XP and I thing to some extent that also, running applications that
> misbehaved would take the OS with it.

  Not quite XP -- mostly since NT4, it's been stable. I'm running XP at
home, and I've never had to reboot the machine because of misbehaving
hardware -- it's really pretty stable these days. The PC I use at home
for everyday things (scanning, USB stuff, authoring/burning DVDs, games,
internet, etc) last got rebooted six weeks ago, which was when I turned
the power off because I'd be gone for a while.

  Mind you, that's not to say that Windows hasn't rebooted _itself_ very
suddenly from time to time after plugging things in.. That's mostly at
work where I've been playing with horrible old USB webcams with wonky
drivers, mind you.

  -- dan