[OM] Re: Going to die this weekend :-]

Subject: [OM] Re: Going to die this weekend :-]
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 23:24:07 +0000
The real Thunder Road in the movie is Kingston Pike in Knoxville, Tennessee. I
lived in a house in the 6500 block there before I moved to Atlanta. :-]

The end of "Thunder Road:"

Roarin? out of Harlan, revvin? up his mill
He shot the gap at Cumberland, and screamed by Maynordville
With T-men on his taillights, roadblocks up ahead
The mountain boy took roads that even angels feared to tred.

Blazing right through Knoxville, out on Kingston Pike,
Then right outside of Bearden, they made the fatal strike.
He left the road at 90; that?s all there is to say.
The devil got the moonshine and the mountain boy that day.

Walt

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from