[OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice - thanks

Subject: [OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice - thanks
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:54:13 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded.

An OMZ 18mm would be nice, of course (I'm in denial, right?). Jim's
words, of course, summed up the situation: "If you can afford it, I
would find a Zuiko. As a bonus the Zuiko is a MUCH smaller lens than the
other two, so you are more likely to carry it." Spoken like a true
Zuikoholic,as one would expect here.

However, given the 18mm price these days, I don't see the stars aligning
at the moment. If I do go the SW route, then the Tamron 17mm seems the
most likely choice. Don't think that I'm ready for anything more extreme.

We have a trip planned in late May that will provide lots of photo opps,
though I will have to travel fairly light. So I still have a little time
to make up my mind.

Martin