[OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Superwide lenses - advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:08:58 -0400
Thanks, but I didn't think they were all that great.  I have the
optional gridded screen for my 5D which helps a bit but I don't really
have a suitable leveling arrangement yet for my tripod and head.  I need
something better.  I did make some minor errors here and there so a
couple of the images have a touch of perspective correction or a bit of
rotation.  But for the most part they were OK as they came from the camera.

I had to do this all in one day and I'd never have gotten it done that
quickly if I'd had to use flash.  Instead, these are composites of 2-3
images taken to cover a broader dynamic range.  That was done quick and
dirty and I think contributes to what I consider a rather soft look to
most of the images.  They're just layered and manually masked.  #12, for
example, was particulary tough because of the full sun streaming in the
window.  I don't have a late version of PhotoShop which handles high
dynamic range.

Chuck Norcutt