[OM] Re: T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement

Subject: [OM] Re: T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:30:26 -0700
>> From: John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>   I have a question for the group: does anyone know where I can get
>> some technical information on the T-10 Ring Flash? I have a unit in
>> which
>> the modeling lights no longer work; they gradually faded during use so
>> I think it is probably a transistor or something...
>
> There are no transistors in the flash head -- just wires to bulbs. If
> they "gradually faded," it's a power supply problem. If you were
> using batteries, they are run down, If you were using a 6VDC power
> supply of some kind, it probably died.
>
> Try a different source of 6VDC before trying anything else!
>
> :::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::

Radio Shack has battery holders for D- batteries if you want to make your
own.  The coax "M" type fits the plug on the flash head (+ is on the outer
contact).  Costs less than $2.  I am actually in the progress of making a
battery holder for my T-28 so I can use the modelling lights.  I will post
some images if I ever find the time to finish it - still some soldering and
drilling left.