[OM] T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement

Subject: [OM] T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:24:44 -0700
> From: John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>   I have a question for the group: does anyone know where I can get
> some technical information on the T-10 Ring Flash? I have a unit in
> which
> the modeling lights no longer work; they gradually faded during use so
> I think it is probably a transistor or something...

There are no transistors in the flash head -- just wires to bulbs. If
they "gradually faded," it's a power supply problem. If you were
using batteries, they are run down, If you were using a 6VDC power
supply of some kind, it probably died.

Try a different source of 6VDC before trying anything else!

:::: The epoch of the fossil fuels can only be a transitory and
ephemeral event... which has exercised the most drastic influence
experienced by the human species during its entire biological
history. -- M. King Hubbert ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::