[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 00:07:37 -0700
You are correct, Political parties are not mentioned in our Constitution.

Your representative Democracies had the advantage of seeing Greece fall to
the corporations, Rome Fall to the Corporations and then see what was
happening to the US, before you made yours up. At no other point in history,
I think, has there been more than one working 'Democracy' or such entity at
least labeled as such.

And Governments and elections are a lot more complicated than one would
think..... if they weren't, maybe the people would have more control rather
than confusion about the process.

There is already the large field of belief of Politicians are a lying bunch
of So and So's, and those that feel such are usually also stating, why
should I vote, they won't do what we want any way. And it does become a
"Good le Boys Club", and these are one extreme verses the other extreme who
get the vote out and or are integral to the political process to such a
degree they know what is going on, even though they know it isn't what the
public was led to believe, but they are for it 100%, just "cause that's the
way it is done".

Those that like it the way it is, have a lot to gain by keeping voter turn
out to a minimum and those that do vote, stuck to a party line, it makes
controlling the masses that much easier.

I've seen Good Republicans, I've seen Good Democrats, and other party
representations, but they are usually doing something different than the
majority that claim that party affiliation.

I've also known a couple of politicians who, when pled with enough Alcohol,
tell of the dreaded 3 AM calls asking things like, Do you know where your
wife and daughter are? Can you protect them 24 hours a day? You think we
gave you money to get into office to have you vote against our best
interests? Had you brakes checked lately? One certain person, decided to get
out of Politics, he resisted all efforts for several years, then his sin was
gunned down on the street, years alter we are told it was a case of mistaken
identity. He returned to Politics immediately, he still ahs other family you
know. My take on that was, he is a popular person and it costs lost of money
to force politicians to do as you wish when it is against what they feel is
best for their Constituents and government.

I don't think I'll drop names, the second one some might be able to figure
out who is is/was, the first family friend is likely passed on now, I was a
kid when we'd hear these stories. He too tried to leave politics but
returned before he lost a wife or daughter but managed to never ever get
into such a position of power as he had been.

No, there're not all slime balls, some are and enjoy that, feeling it is the
spice of life, others get forced into it I suppose.