[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:45:36 -0700
> From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Loyalty to my country remains, even if I will not be loyal to my
> government
> when they are not doing what they are suppose to do, representing
> us, the
> people who are suppose to be the government.

You're a better man than I, if loyalty is all that makes us good. I
couldn't take it any more.

I must say that I'm now happier, healthier, and less brooding and
depressed than I was when I lived below the 49th. Not that we don't
have our problems here, but the biggest one seems to be Fascism
creeping north.
        http://www.canadians.org/DI/issues/TILMA/index.html

> I suggest, if one closely and impartially looks at who/what is
> running the
> USA, and looks at it's actions, not the labels attached to it, that
> one
> would be hard pressed to call it a Democracy, much less a
> representative
> Democracy, if you also had to honestly and in the same light, look
> at the
> definitions of Imperialism, Fascism and Nationalism.

I'll leave you with this. The definition was changed in later
editions after American Heritage got bought out by a huge multi-
national book company. Thus creeping Fascism affects even the
official definitions of our words. George Orwell is laughing from his
grave.

:::: fas-cism (fash'iz'em) n. A system of government that exercises a
dictatorship of the extreme right, typically through the merging of
state and business leadership, together with belligerent nationalism.
-- American Heritage Dictionary, 1983 (reference to "business" was
removed in later editions)
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>