[OM] Re: Shipping to france?

Subject: [OM] Re: Shipping to france?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:44:50 +1100
Problem is that Western Union is exorbitant compared to Paypal. It's
unnecessary. I concur that paypal won't confirm any addresses
overseas apart from some in the UK. Very annoying as they charge me
1% more. I could live in a tarpaper shack in the middle of a swamp in
Florida and be confirmed but although I've got 150 transactions over
5 years from one address, no confirmation for foreigners. They claim
that our credit card providers won't comply - I think it's nonsense.
I've sold many things to France, bought things while in France and
realised that, strangely enough, the French tend to regard themselves
as more sophisticated, civilised and better organised than most
Americans as recent OT traffic might have suggested! :-) Certainly
I'd trust the French Postal system above USPS for international
shipping.
That said, the only negative I ever received (and I didn't earn it)
came from an idiot Frenchman.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx