[OM] Re: MCIBTYC [was PC-MAC Rant was: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: MCIBTYC [was PC-MAC Rant was: Re: Communications [was lighting]]
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:47:17 +1030
On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:49:38PM -0700, Moose wrote:
> This may illuminate the psychological difference between those of us who
> say "It's only a tool. It gets the job done, and that's all that
> matters." and those who just can't resist any opportunity to assert the
> superiority of my (fill in blank) to your (fib).

Of course, this is taken to uniquely enormous proportions on
usenet/mail/Internet, because: "There will never be a situation where I
have to back up my claims of how <adjective> my <noun> is, because I am
an anonymous voice/text on the other end of wire, so I can bignote my
<noun> all I want!"

davidt