[OM] Re: Monopod or tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Monopod or tripod
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:05:15 -0800 (PST)
I'm a monopod person.  Mine is a big three-segment Manfrotto with the
lever-releases.  On top of mine I have a Manfrotto ball-head with hex
QR.

When shooting weddings and events, I rarely, if ever use a tripod
anymore.  On the bottom of my stroboframe I've got a QR plate
installed which allows me to quickly pop the entire rig on and off
the monopod.  It's great whenever I have to turn the flash off as it
gives me just that added stability I need.

Regarding weight and a monopod, I actually prefer the heavier
monopods because a light-weight one makes your outfit very top-heavy.
 An E-1, battery grip, ball-head, stroboframe, flash and
radio-triggered outfit easily outweighs a CF tripod by several
factors.  You essentially cannot throw this on your shoulder as it
will go sailing to the ground at your heels.

As to tripods, pick your application first.  I have three tripods and
each serves an unique purpose.

AG

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.