[OM] Monopod or tripod

Subject: [OM] Monopod or tripod
From: "Phil" <pcks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:41:19 -0000

My 20 year old manfrotto is really not that practicle to carry around, it
weighs a ton.

I am looking to get either a monopod or tripod to carry around, having
checked out a local store today
not sure which way to go.

One thing I have learnt is that if you dont carry it you wont use it, so it
must be portable.
I have never used a monopod before so are not aware of how effective they
are.

The new Carbon tripods sure are light, but still a little bulky, so would I
carry one around?
I rather liked a slik monopod that I saw today (£90), carbon, really light,
easy to put up in seconds, and would be pretty portable.

Would be happy to hear what you guys prefer

Phil