[OM] Re: PNW Gathering of the OMs?

Subject: [OM] Re: PNW Gathering of the OMs?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:16:54 -0800
I don't know how you feel about bipedal ambulation and public
transportation, but I'm willing to pick you up at the Fulford Harbor
ferry. Then you could take the Victoria Clipper passenger ferry right
from downtown Seattle to Vic, then there's a bus that goes to the
Swartz Bay ferry terminal, then a 35 minute ferry ride to Salt Spring.

Don't know if you've been through the islands, but it's a real nice
ferry ride.

If you prefer driving, the Anacortes --> Sydney ferry is the way to
go, then ten minutes drive to Swartz Bay.

How many are you?

On 21 Feb 07, at 18:23 , Listar wrote:

> From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
>
> Oooh--_that_ all sounds interesting. I may be up for that,
> depending on
> whether I can talk the whole family into going or not. It's a birthday
> weekend.
>
> Rob in Seattle
>
> On 2/20/07 9:20 PM, "Jan Steinman" <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Around the weekend of June 16/17 would be interesting, if you're into
>> the following things. The 16th will be a "Transportation Options
>> Fair" with an art bicycle parade, alternative fuel vehicles,
>> demonstrations, talks, workshops, seminars. Veggie Van Gogh will be
>> on display, and we'll be making a batch of biodiesel as a demo. Don't
>> know if we'll have our 3kW wind turbine operational by then.
>>
>> On Sunday (June 17) is the annual Eco-Home Tour. It's a self-guided
>> tour of some dozen or so houses with eco-friendly features, such as
>> natural building materials, water catchment systems (very important
>> on an island!) and self-sufficient energy systems.

:::: People should be free to speak their mind, but not to invent
their own history. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::