[OM] Re: PNW Gathering of the OMs?

Subject: [OM] Re: PNW Gathering of the OMs?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:20:51 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan Steinman wrote:
>> Is anyone interested in a gathering in Southwest British Columbia?
>>
> I may be coming up your way in early summer, but there are a lot of
> ifs
> still at the moment.

Around the weekend of June 16/17 would be interesting, if you're into
the following things. The 16th will be a "Transportation Options
Fair" with an art bicycle parade, alternative fuel vehicles,
demonstrations, talks, workshops, seminars. Veggie Van Gogh will be
on display, and we'll be making a batch of biodiesel as a demo. Don't
know if we'll have our 3kW wind turbine operational by then.

On Sunday (June 17) is the annual Eco-Home Tour. It's a self-guided
tour of some dozen or so houses with eco-friendly features, such as
natural building materials, water catchment systems (very important
on an island!) and self-sufficient energy systems.

In other words, lots of photo-ops that weekend!

:::: If vegetarians eat only vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com>