[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 07:54:28 -0600
Winsor Crosby wrote:

> Hope I am not tempting the fates, but I have had a 2200 for at least
> a couple of years and I print very sporadically. Sometime months have
> gone by and southern California has a very dry climate, the very
> worst abuse for this type of printer. The most I have ever had to do
> is to do a head cleaning which takes care of a minor clog. I do
> wonder about the reports of clogs. Is it that people just don't think
> that a head should ever clog and that they should not have to run a
> cleaning cycle or are they having more serious problems?

+1. My Stylus Photo 875 (bought new umpty-ump years ago) gets _very_
limited use. I probably could count clogged-jet problems on two
fingers. Minnesota's climate typically is much more humid than
southern California's (at least during "non-winter"). But Winsor's
and my experiences raise the question of what is being done
differently. Is it that our printer use is so sporadic that the
cleaning cycle is initiated every time we turn the printer on (very
often _my_ case)? Or something else?

Steve