[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 06:39:55 -0800
No, but I am curious too, even though I am also tempted by the Epson
3800 which is a little wider and not that much more expensive. I saw
the 91800 rave review at photo-i and Reichmann's enthusiastic review
of the bigger HP which shares many of the same features. The only
disquieting thing I have seen is this comment yesterday  by Mike
Johnston on his blog:

"I hope it's not too crass to mention that all of these prints are
examples of what the new HP B9180 can do. I'm finding it to be a
balky, cantankerous beast with lots of bad habits—I'll update you
chapter and verse in these pages soon—but the results are so stunning
I'm already flat-out dreading the time when it will have to go back
to HP."

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA