[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 14:39:10 -0800
Hope I am not tempting the fates, but I have had a 2200 for at least
a couple of years and I print very sporadically. Sometime months have
gone by and southern California has a very dry climate, the very
worst abuse for this type of printer. The most I have ever had to do
is to do a head cleaning which takes care of a minor clog. I do
wonder about the reports of clogs. Is it that people just don't think
that a head should ever clog and that they should not have to run a
cleaning cycle or are they having more serious problems?

Apparently the ink with the HP is very good, as is Canon's. I still
wonder though whether it is the best thing for the ink formulator to
have to also deal with the goal of making the ink stable under the
boiling temperatures in the head as well as long lasting on the
paper. The Epson piezo activated head seems much more elegant than
vaporizing the ink.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA