[OM] Re: [lens] Re: OT - on returning to film

Subject: [OM] Re: [lens] Re: OT - on returning to film
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:38:20 -0400

> I dunno - my chromes and slides have done a great job outlasting any cd's
> I've burned.  So far it seems that the dependable lifespan of my stored
> cd's
> without any corrupted files is only 2 years, and I store them carefully.
> have wonderful slides from 30 years ago that are every bit as bright as
> when
> they were new.  And they're not even Kodachrome, they're E-6.  Just my
> personal empirical observation, ymmv.
>
> Bruce

I shot some Kodachrome 64 over the holidays, partly because I have some I
want to use up, and partly because I want pics of the family and grandkids
that will last and last without a lot of bother. When I took the film to the
usual camera store, where they process my E6, they just looked at me like I
was some sort of dinosaur, and said they had no idea where or how to send
it, or that it could even be developed now. I explained that Kodak still
makes and sells it, and that it needed to go to the only remaining lab in
the US. They just sent me out the door with a wish of good luck. Anyways, I
contacted Kodak by email, and wouldn't you know, they said take it to
WalMart, which now handles it for them, or contact the US lab directly, and
they gave me the 800 number.
Wayne