[OM] Re: OT On hazards of aging

Subject: [OM] Re: OT On hazards of aging
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:28:22 -0600
Doug,
        I too have been in glasses since age nine (myopia). Developed
the need for bifocals at 44; so I've been "8-eyed" for 8 years. At the
time, a few friends advised against the progressives; they had tried
them and didn't like them at all. I also did not like the fact that with
progressives you lose distance correction at the bottom/periphery of the
lens. So I went with the traditional bifocals. My advice is to get the
smallest patch of bifocal available and keep it low in the lens to avoid
having the line near the "horizon". It only took me a few days to get
used to them and really the only thing that was troubling was walking
down stairs.
        Congratulations on reaching "middle age". Pretty soon your
application to AARP will be showing up in your mailbox.

Charlie