[OM] Re: OT On hazards of aging/about glasses really

Subject: [OM] Re: OT On hazards of aging/about glasses really
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:17:59 -0400

> That phenomenon (straight-on vision being sharper) never was
> explained to me, either. I just figured it out on my own. By the
> time I chose to use contacts, I was so used to moving my head to see
> things sharply that I lost one of the main benefits of contacts.
>
> Been there, done that, too. Actually, I lived with it for the
> duration of that pair of glasses. But, for the next pair, I did my
> research. There are a few companies which make lens blanks and those
> blanks have different optical qualities. My research indicated that
> Seiko's high-index lenses were among the best.
>
> My last two pairs have used Seiko lenses and, given the limitations
> of glasses with my prescription, they're the best I have ever owned.
> No more comet tails when I look at lights at night. No more 3D
> effect to certain color combinations (like bright red on blue). No
> huge yellow bands along green labels.
>
> I had to search a little to find an optician who could order the
> Seikos (hint: it wasn't the fast cheap places), but it was worth it.
>
> Steve

Okay Steve, is there any hope of me being able to order Seiko lenses here in
Canada? I'm taking a print-out of this with me when I return to the store.
The store I ordered from claim there are only 3 labs in Canada that make
lenses, and they already had mine made at the best, which they say are Zeiss
lenses.

I tried my new ones again today when driving, but honestly, they are so bad
I don't even feel safe. At a stop sign, you can't turn your head completely
90 degrees both ways, and the view is blurry enough at anything less that I
wouldn't trust seeing sufficiently an oncoming car. And the chroma is
absolutely terrible.
Wayne