[OM] Re: OT On hazards of aging

Subject: [OM] Re: OT On hazards of aging
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 21:20:20 -0400

From: "Doug Smith" <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'll bet they never had a conversation with you about the tradeoffs
> involved
> between lighter and thinner and and the ability to see with the glasses
> except straight down the middle. My frustration with experts such as these
> is
> that they presume to make these decisions without any knowledge about how
> one
> lives their life. About 10 years ago an  optometrist   made a pair of
> glasses
> out of polycarbonate which was supposed to be the greatest thing in the
> world. It wasn't  The chromatic aberration was so bad that a neon green
> label
> would have a wide yellow band along one edge. I finally ate the cost and
> went
> somewhere else.

You're right, I was not warned about this when I ordered. In fact, they
didn't mention at all that they would be aspherical lenses, or the
disadvantages.
These ones also have chromatic aberration, giving a yellow shadow to certain
things, but they are not polycarbonate. I have always ordered glass lenses,
as even the best polycarbonate lenses would get scratched too easily for me.
These supposedly are Zeiss lenses, made of glass, and supposed to be the
best. I'm still arguing to have them redone.
Wayne