[OM] Re: Asking permission

Subject: [OM] Re: Asking permission
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 13:35:47 -0400
My understanding, in Canada at least, is that if you photograph private
property while standing on public property OR on your own private property,
the owner of the property portrayed in the photograph has no right to
dictate how you use the image. The only caveat would be that the image is
not derogatory or libelous. Stand on the private property on which the
subject being photographed is located and the property owner can dictate how
you use the image and indeed can prevent you from using it at all.

jh