[OM] Re: Looking back and forward

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking back and forward
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 02:25:28 -0800
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> A pretty interesting thread, which I have tried to keep up with, both
> listwise and in my own thinking about the year past and the year ahead.

Yes, interesting for me, as well. I find that I enjoy my photographic
work more than the bits of programming I do to supplement my retirement
income. And Carol Anne and some friends keep saying I shouldn't hide
these beautiful images from the world, or some such blather.

Yet I am aware how easily something that's enjoyable can become a burden
when it is work, and I'd hate to have that happen.

And I know I would spend a lot more time setting up a photography sales
business and getting it going, if I succeed, than I spend making a fair
income programming. But then, I spend a lot of time on photography
anyway.  :-) And if it works, there would be that warm feeling of being
valued by others. That will surely make my perfectly happy, right? And
if nobody wants my stuff, of well. :-(

Also, it sounds like a lot of work. Oh good, I think I've talked myself
out of it, at least for now. Thanks for your help!

Moose