[OM] Re: Looking back and forward

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking back and forward
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 02:12:05 -0800

Allan Mee wrote:
> I think all images *speak* to different people in different ways which other
> people can't always relate to.
One way to look at it is that it's all a matter of projection. All those
images are in a way like ink blot tests. The ones that individuals
particularly like or dislike draw unconscious projections that attract
or repel those viewing them.

The extent to which what the maker projects differs from what those who
buy what they make project determines the frustration gap between what
sells and what seems worthwhile to make. Just as the buyers unwittingly
tell truths about themselves, the artist reveals much about him/herself
with the choices or what to create, and perhaps especially with the
things they make for sales, but dislike themselves.

Moose