[OM] Re: OT Pentax agrees with the Schnozz

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Pentax agrees with the Schnozz
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 03:07:46 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> There is no one size fits all sharpening procedure. It depends on a
> lot of things like the contrast in the picture, the amount of fine
> detail, the stage of image processing. There are different ways to
> sharpen that have different effects as well.

I actually find myself very seldom sharpening images in the conventional
sense at full size. I do add sharpening in the downsizing process for
web images.

LCE, which is a different application of USM usually adds plenty of
appearance of sharpness and detail clarity without any more sharpening.
"Sharpness" as perceived by the human vision system, is not resolution,
but some combination of resolution and edge sharpness.

I always save sharpening until last.

Moose