[OM] Re: OT Pentax agrees with the Schnozz

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Pentax agrees with the Schnozz
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 14:51:39 -0800 (PST)
Chuck wrote:
> I followed all of this except "But the softness of the
> processing
> appears to be quite linear and easily addressable with a
> fine-tuned USM"
> I haven't gone back and re-read the review comments nor have I
> attempted
> to sharpen one of the sample files but it seem to me what
> you've said
> there is a direct contradiction of the review.  Explanation?

I downloaded several of the sample images and loaded them up in
photoshop and applied USM to the images. I was able to apply an
extremely aggressive sharpening to the images without fear.  If
I tried even half the sharpening to either the E-1 or A1 files I
would have had artifacts and blobbies left and right. The image
of the bridge, inparticular, took HUGE amounts of sharpening.

I don't understand where others are finding fault with the
Pentax files as I see them as highly usable and as good as
anything I've ever tested.  They are really good.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com