[OM] Re: OT Pentax agrees with the Schnozz

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Pentax agrees with the Schnozz
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 07:34:05 -0800
There is no one size fits all sharpening procedure. It depends on a
lot of things like the contrast in the picture, the amount of fine
detail, the stage of image processing. There are different ways to
sharpen that have different effects as well.

Generally it is best I think to leave the sharpening to software with
none or a minimal amount set in the camera. Do a quick sharpening for
your medium, scan or digital camera image depending on detail and
size of the file. After doing any other adjustments do a detail touch
up in sharpening if needed such as overall or an area with a
sharpening brush so it looks exactly the way you want it. Then do a
final sharpening depending on how the image is used. A sharpening for
a small internet image is different than that for an inkjet print.

That is why I use PhotoKit Sharpener Pro. It makes all that easy.
There is a review here:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/software/pk-sharpener.shtml

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA