[OM] Re: [OT] The cholesterol myth, was: Re: List etiquette for replies

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] The cholesterol myth, was: Re: List etiquette for replies
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:08:56 -0400

> In 1998 I had a triple bypass and was put on Lipitor to bring down my
> cholesterol.  I stayed on it for about 7 years but I believe that the
> Lipitor (a statin drug just like Vytorin) is responsible for long term
> muscle aches throughout much of my body.  I can't prove that but it
> caused me to start probing deeply into the statin drug phenomena which
> is now like a steamroller pushed by drug industry money.
>  > --------------------------------
>
> Good luck, John.  With a total cholesterol reading of only 110 you might
> well need it.
>
> ps:  There's lots more free and informed reading here:
> <http://www.thincs.org/>
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Listen very carefully to Chuck's advice.
On my doctor's advice, I was on Lipitor (and another one before that, but
can't remember the name) for a total of about 5 years. About three years ago
I went off it totally, at my own decision, and against the doctor's advice.
I really believe I'd be in severe health problems now had I stayed on it. I
still have ongoing muscle problems, though not nearly as severe as when I
was on that stuff. I will never go back on any of it again.
Wayne