[OM] Re: [OT] The cholesterol myth, was: Re: List etiquette for replies

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] The cholesterol myth, was: Re: List etiquette for replies
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:33:52 -0800
That is well documented in many places as is the fact that almost all
the peer reviewers and staff at the the New England Journal of
Medicine receive money from the drug companies. One article I read
said that for a particular drug, the company sponsored 9 studies of
effectiveness in treatment. I don't remember the exact numbers but
they were approximately 4 showing no effectiveness, 3 showing
deleterious effect and one showing effectiveness slightly about
random chance. Guess which one was published. The best advice I have
heard is to take no drug developed in the last 15 years.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA