[OM] Re: Scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 13:22:12 +0000
My scanner is a PrimeFilm 1800u
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
>Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 07:09:31 +0000
>

>Which one are you using, Allan?
>
>I agree about the quality of your neg scans, but you do have to clean
>the negatives first :-); I use a big squeeze-blower thing to blow
>what I can from my films before scanning.  I use medium dust removal
>in Vuescan and then try to remove all evidence of hairs, scratches
>and dust using something like the Clone tool.
>
>Chris
>

>On 2 Dec 2006, at 22:26, Allan Mee wrote:
>
> > Talking of scanners - my negative scanner leaves much to be desired.

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com