[OM] Re: Scanner and experimenting with light

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner and experimenting with light
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:39:56 +0000
Whoops - forgot to put URL:
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/bigalmee/Canon300D/
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
>Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:02:21 +0000
>

>I figured a negative scanner would be better than a flatbed and prints. I
>don't want to totaly abandon film - for, if nothing else, my Fujica STX1n
>can work without batteries. But - comparing the pictures from the 300D with
>my film prints - I think most of my photography will be digital now. I just
>wish it was as nice a camera to use as my A1 or OM2. I wonder if the
>Olympus
>E400 is as well built and feels as nice to use as a film SLR? It's an
>academic question for me at the moment - I couldn't afford one yet. But the
>300D has certainly opened my eyes regarding the quality of images of DSLRs
>-
>   I'm less confident that film will survive much longer. I've already
>noticed that many supermarkets now only stock APS (I've never used an APS
>camera - so can't comment on them).
>After giving the 300D a trial run, I gave away the OM40 body with the dodgy
>door latch - I would like to acquire another OM40 as it's my favourite Oly
>to use. After the OM30 abomination I think Oly pulled out all the stops for
>the OM40 which really is a joy to use - and which 'feels' like a pro SLR
>rather than a double-digit OM. Think I will go and post the experiments
>with
>light pics.
>Allan
>

>PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
>number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
>inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really
>cool
>about it).
>
>Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
>confused mass of energy, have created.
>-Disturb the mind -
>

> >From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
> >Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 14:25:20 +0000
> >

> >That should be OK, then.  It should just be a matter of blowing the
> >dust off the negatives before scanning then cleaning up the images
> >once they are scanned.
> >
> >You could try the Adobe LightRoom beta (4, 5? see www.adobe.com) as a
> >free way of sorting out the colour cast.  I have managed to get the
> >hang of it.  It doesn't have a cloning tool (yet) but you could use
> >Gimp to do that I suspect.
> >
> >Chris
> >
> >On 3 Dec 2006, at 13:22, Allan Mee wrote:
> >
> > > My scanner is a PrimeFilm 1800u
> > > Allan

> >List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> >List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

>Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!
> [...]

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel
http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com