[OM] Re: Scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 17:36:07 -0600
> Nonetheless, I would take it with more than one grain of salt without
> samples.
Perhaps, but glancing into the thing while operating brings it to mind.

> My experience with engineers is that they are not, by and large,
> actively stupid in their area of training and expertise.
My experience, from my days at the aircraft factory where I worked with them
daily, is that they can be VERY narrow. It sometimes alarms me that many of
the engineers designing aircraft know nothing of flying. Or care.

I suspect that it takes a very flat black surface to make a difference. That
can be a challenge, see the black treatment that was used in Hasselblad
bodies for several years that flaked off in hand sized hunks.

I simply don't see why all that light being reflected everywhere inside a
flatbed can be a benefit.

Bill Pearce