[OM] Re: Troublesome OM1

Subject: [OM] Re: Troublesome OM1
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:01:52 -0800
Cc: soloriver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Melanie,

At the risk of boring those read this when I posted it a week or so
ago I will repost my comments on a CLA versus pruchasing another camera body:

Actually, it might be worth having a CLA done as that will most
likely resolve the problem, and give you a solid reliable camera. If
you go out and purchase another used  one at 50-75 you may still have
problems with it and be right back where you are now. Also most OM-1s
have problems with prism foam which should be removed - even if you
have a good one - to avoid damaging the prism. For about $100.00 you
can have a CLA done on your current OM-1 and know that you have a
reliable camera. I am having an OM-4 that developed problems CLA &
repaired. For not much more than it would have cost me to purchase
another used body that may or may not have been reliable, I will
receive a camera that I know will work properly and be reliable. I
suppose it is a matter of perspective. Sometimes I think we are so
'thing' oriented that we don't see the value in fixing the thing that
we already have.

Jim Couch