[OM] Re: Troublesome OM1

Subject: [OM] Re: Troublesome OM1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:27:47 -0500
The answer is not hard.  Unless a trustworthy list member offers you a
fairly recently CLA'd OM-1 or OM-1n you're simply buying another body
which is 25-30 years old and will have the same or worse problems than
what you've got now.  If what you have is reasonably clean cosmetically
then invest the money for the CLA and the camera will give you another
10-15 years of good service.  You'll even be assured that the shutter
speeds are correct.  And everything will be buttery smooth.

Chuck Norcutt